Friday, February 26, 2010

not from fire...




Today, I was a Very Bad Sub. I was a sub with zero patience left. In my defense, it was my second day with the same 4th grade class. 4th grade is THE MOST HORRIBLE GRADE EVER.

EVER.


I stayed calm despite having to repeat the same basic directions 826 times.
How many times should I repeat "silent read after the test?" Am I speaking Chinese?
I stayed calm despite the paperwads flying across the room.
Whoever threw that, when I figure out who you are, you're going to die to the office.
I stayed calm despite the tattling and the "he cut!" complaints during line-up.
You know what? You're all going to the cafeteria! All of you! So simmer down!
I stayed calm despite the nerve-electrocuting chatter. Even while I tried to explain how to compare fractions.
THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT GUYS. DO YOU WANT 1/3 OF A PIE or 1/2 OF A PIE? IF YOU DON'T LISTEN HOW WILL YOU KNOW?! YOU WILL STARVE.




But I lost it during the fire drill. End of that day...so close to the bell....so....so....close....

The fire alarm rang and the kids went ABSOLUTELY APESHIT and then dove under their desks. I stood there, took a deep breath and yelled "OMG WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU HIDE UNDER YOUR DESKS DURING A FIRE?! WILL THE DESK PROTECT YOU FROM FIRE?!!?!"

Half of them popped up like little prairie dogs and laughed "oh yeah!" and I looked at them with laser-beam eyes and yelled "LINE UP!!!!"


It was not one of my best moments. I am normally very mellow (usually cause I just don't care) and I never yell. But desk-diving during a fire drill? NO. NO YOU DON'T. NOT WITH MISS P.

No comments:

Post a Comment