Friday, May 14, 2010

X: The Sequel

Remember X? The little girl who was supposed to be the spawn of Satan?

I subbed for her class again yesterday. She walked behind me and noticed my laptop background, and said "You like Glee?"

I turned and said "Oh I love Glee! Do you?"

She lit up and said "Yeah!"

"Who's your favorite character?"

"I like the blond one." [Quinn]

We started talking about how much we liked the songs and I told her how I got to see them live at the Grove during a pre-screening of an episode, and she was so excited. We had a connection! A bond! This child isn't so bad after all...I mean, she's a Gleek. She's got to have some good inside!

She behaved extremely well again yesterday, and I even gave her the task of passing out papers, to which the other kids exclaimed "She can't! She makes bad choices!" I looked at her and said "You'll make good choices, right?" and she promised, though I watched her like a hawk to make sure she didn't maul a classmate or set something on fire. And she did well.

X exceeded my expectations.



Glee contains the power to make even demon children like their teachers.


2 comments:

  1. Aw that's so great! Hopefully she'll prove everyone wrong. Tough to be in 4th grade and already have a scarlet letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great :) Sometimes that's all some kids need...some responsibility and attention! I have my Masters in Education and am just subbing...it's so stressful that there are NO jobs in my area :(

    ReplyDelete